The "Collaborative Research" department acquires, administers and coordinates all IRT research and development projects which are funded at the national or international level.
IRT´s extensive know-how can play a crucial role in such collaborative projects, which are planned in conjunction with the IRT Board, any partner organisations which may be involved and the organisations which provide funding. Depending on the technical skills needed, the project work is carried out in the respective departments of the IRT.
The focus is naturally on the development of new broadcasting systems and on the coordination required when introducing new broadcasting services. Further important duties include active involvement in the field of international standardisation, especially in the context of the media convergence of broadcasting and telecommunication.
Current Collaborative Projects
- ADAMS - Research for Seamless Media Use
- Alert4All - Establishment and improvement of early warning systems
- C-PMSE - Effective utilisation of frequency spectrum for wireless production equipment and televison
- e-GAP - TPEG solutions for electromobility
- FI content - New applications and concepts for Connected TV
- GN3plus - Ultrahigh bandwidth IP networks for broadcasters
- HBB-NEXT - Components and architectures for the next generation of hybrid TV solutions
- HbbRadio - Research and implementation of a new hybrid radio platform
- QLectives - Combining P2P solutions with metadata derived from Social Networks
- ROMEO - Interactive 3D content and its distribution
- TOSCA-MP - Standardised networked systems for media production
Completed Collaborative Projects more