The "Collaborative Research" department acquires, administers and coordinates all IRT research and development projects which are funded at the national or international level.
IRT´s extensive know-how can play a crucial role in such collaborative projects, which are planned in conjunction with the IRT Board, any partner organisations which may be involved and the organisations which provide funding. Depending on the technical skills needed, the project work is carried out in the respective departments of the IRT.
The focus is naturally on the development of new broadcasting systems and on the coordination required when introducing new broadcasting services. Further important duties include active involvement in the field of international standardisation, especially in the context of the media convergence of broadcasting and telecommunication.
Current Collaborative Projects
- CONTENTUS: The next generation of multimedia archives
- DIOMEDES: Hybrid reception of content via broadcast and IP networks
- HBB-NEXT: Components and architectures for the next generation of hybrid TV soulutions
- iNEM4U: Open infrastructures for crossplatform use of media content and services
- MIfoP: Media use in a cross-device way
- No Tube: Development of Internet-based offers for the consumption of TV content
- P2P-next: Specification of broadcasters' requirements on peer-to-peer networks
- QLectives: Development of recommendation engines for content in peer-to-peer networks
- ROMEO: Synchronised delivery of 3D content
- TOSCA-MP: Automatic feature extraction to improve the metadata annotaion of AV content
Completed Collaborative Projects more