Do you plan a studio control room or an OB van? Do you need support in optimizing the accoustics in open-plan offices or in video conference rooms, or are acoustical measurements to be performed? IRT stands out due to its longstanding experience. We have profound expertise in room and building acoustics, auralization of virtual studios, as well as in loudspeakers, headphones and microphones.
… custom-tailored services in several areas of the acoustics. With its unique and renowned simulation software AUVIS (AUralisation of VIrtual Studios) IRT has a tool at hand with which rooms can precisely be made audible before even building them. Several products which are manufacturered and marketed by partner companies under IRT’s licence underline the competence of IRT in the matter of acoustics.
…broadcasters, studio operators, producers, architects, studio device manufacturers and manufacturers of loudspeakers, headphones and microphones.
Our services & licence products
- Expert consulting in room and building acoustics regarding the avoidance of acoustical weak spots in radio and television production rooms
- Room acoustical simulations with our simulation software AUVIS with which we can auralise rooms based on your building plans before realizing the room or building
- Acoustics consulting and measurements for the construction of broadcasting vans
- Consulting for the efficient elimination of background noise
- Preparation of a catalogue of measures for improving the acoustical working conditions in open-plan offices
- Consulting with respect to the improvement of the speech quality transmitted from video conferencing rooms
- Acoustical measurements – acoustic insulation, reverberation time, noise level, etc.
- Measurements and calculations of sound absorbers, for example for product optimization
- Performance of electroacoustic measurements, support in developments
- Measurements of the room directivity dependent transmission properties of loudspeakers and microphones
- Conducting seminars and workshops
With AUVIS we developed unique and professional room acoustics simulation software which we use at IRT for the planning of studios and control rooms on behalf of our customers. In addition to the reverberation time, further important acoustic properties can be calculated and optimized before building a room.
IRT licence products
With the KEM microphone (cardioid plane microphone) IRT has developed an entirely new type of microphone with disc-shaped directional characteristics – comparable to a line of loudspeakers – that, for example, offers advantages when miking speakers, or recording choirs. The KEM is manufactured and marketed under IRT’s licence by Microtech Gefell GmbH. The KEM is in successfull operation at the speaker's desk of the plenary hall in the Bundestag in Berlin.
With the SAGA products, IRT has developed a series of 19" equipment cabinets with special sound absorbing characteristics that particularly consider the spectrum of the noise and the mechanisms of human noise perception. The SAGA product line is manufactured and marketed under IRT’s licence by SAGA maxi GmbH.