In Munich Main Station (München Hauptbahnhof) you will find signs directing you to the S-Bahn (suburban trains)
- Follow the signs directing you towards the platform for "Richtung Ostbahnhof"
- At Marienplatz (2 stops) change for the U-Bahn, following the signs directing you towards the platform for "Münchner Freiheit"
- Take U-Bahn No. U6 into the direction Garching-Hochbrück or Fröttmaning - Get off at "Studentenstadt" (8th stop)
- From here the IRT is easily reached by bus or by taxi (about 3 km)
- You can also get off at "Freimann" (9th stop) and reach the IRT in about 20 minutes on foot. (From the BR-Gate to IRT 5 minutes on foot).